Ph.D., Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ibaraki University
Correns Corporation; Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors, Tokyo Institute of Technology; Private German nonferrous metals company; Private patent firm
Prosecution, opinions, and oppositions
Dr. Hashimoto specializes in general machinery, fluid machinery, heat exchangers, optical fibers, and control systems. He conducted research on heat transfer accompanying phase changes (boiling, condensation). He has experience in consulting and sales of optical measuring machines, research and development of next generation nuclear reactors, making use of the supercritical carbon-dioxide (CO2) loop, and production and distribution of nonferrous metal powders. Dr. Hashimoto has also lived in Germany on an overseas assignment.
Dr. Hashimoto regularly presents lectures on a wide range of IP topics at foreign IP organizations such as BPLA, ACCJ, and IPLAC.
- Seminar organized by RIPLA (The Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association) in November 2019
Theme: Overview of IP Trends and Practice in Japan and Practical Tips in Light of Legal Comparison between USA and Japan
- Seminar organized by AHK Japan in June 2019
Theme: Introduction to the Japanese Intellectual Property System
- Webinar organized by the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation in May 2019
Theme: Patent enforcement in Japan – how to efficiently utilize your patent rights
- Seminar organized by AHK Japan in March 2019
Theme: Overview of JP Patent Examination for IoT, AI related applications
- Seminar organized by Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) in March 2019
Theme: Introduction of Unique IP Practices in Japan – Patentability of Method for Treating a Human Body and AI/IoT Inventions