In a series of SHIGA webinars, we would like to present a webinar on “Functional Claims in Computer Software Related Inventions” on the following date and times.
Please Click Here to Register for the Webinar
Date and Time: 6:00 p.m. (JST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
2:00 a.m. (PDT), 5:00 a.m. (EDT), 11:00 a.m. (CEST), 7:00p.m. (AEST)
Check your local time here.
*The webinar is expected to consist of a 20-30 minute presentation and a 5 to 10-minute Q&A session.
*For those who cannot attend our live session, we will provide a recording afterwards. Please still register with the above link.
The webinar will cover:
1. Interpretation of functional claims in computer software related inventions
– Differences among the IP5
– Practices in CS functional claims in Japan
– Results of surveys by Japanese companies
2. Examination results in patent families
3. Direction for protection of CS functional claims in Japan
Speaker: Fumio Takahashi, Patent Attorney
Webinar Tool: Zoom