In our series of SHIGA webinars, we would like to present a webinar on “Computer Program Claims in Japan” on the following date and time.
Date and Time: 6:00 p.m. (JST) on Friday, May 28
Check your local time here.
*The webinar is expected to consist of a 20 to 30-minute presentation and a 5 to 10-minute Q&A session.
* If you miss watching the live session, you will receive an on-demand recorded video link a day after the live session is over. Please still register with the above link.
The webinar will cover:
– Introduction of Computer Software-Related Inventions: “a trained neural network” can be claimed as a kind of “computer program” claim in Japan
– Examination Guidelines by the JPO for “a trained model” claim
– Practice and trends of “a trained model” claim
– Brief introduction of “a data structure” claim
Speaker: Susumu Nomura, Patent Attorney
Webinar Tool: Zoom
This webinar is aimed at providing IP information to our business partners and clients from overseas. Registration from persons who work for IP firms or law firms in Japan will not be approved as this may be deemed as a conflict of interest with our business.