We are pleased to announce that Dr. Hiroyuki Hashimoto has received the Distinguished Service Award from the Japan Intellectual Property Association (JIPA) in recognition of his decade-long contributions to training courses as an instructor.
The JIPA training course is offered to Japanese patent practitioners who handle overseas patent applications, with the aim of honing their skills for claim drafting and OA responses, which mainly correspond to the U.S. practice. Dr. Hashimoto has continued to give yearly lectures for a decade, and more than 200 trainees in total received the lecture from him.
The course covers lectures and drills on the topics as below:
- Claim Drafting – basic structure, English description, words and terminology, and clarity
- Tips on drafting a specification in Japanese in consideration of English specification drafting
- Tips on prosecution practice in consideration of patent disputes in US
- Response to OAs based on the U.S. Patent Law Article 112 and 102
- Response to OAs based on the U.S. Patent Law Article 103
Dr. Hashimoto has been highly acclaimed by Japanese clients with his seasoned knowledge about overseas patent practice and his expertise as a Japanese patent attorney. Moreover, many overseas clients have put high trust in his advice along with his in-depth comprehension of differences in practice between Japan and overseas countries.
We look forward for his continued dedication to clients both at home and abroad.